Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day.



Well, this is my second snow day in a row.
Yesterday I soaked up the laziness slugging around the house and watched four movies and ate about seven meals.
Today, i forced myself to do something "productive" which actually turned out quite nicely! I went upstairs, hot coffee in hand, plopped onto the window seat, wrapped myself up in a sweet Union Jack blanket and cracked the spine of my ACT Prep book. MMmm. I opened the blind, where i was blinded (haha, punny) by the snow outside! A beautiful sight. In a bit, im going out with my fisheye lensed camera to take some nice photo's,
But anyway, after some hardcore studying and doodling in the book...
I decided that this summer, Im going to make a short film (about what? You ask. I have no godly idea) and conduct a social experiment, documented on camera. Im rather excited !
Well now, im typing away, listening to Sufjan on Pandora and becoming increasingly excited for the book I just ordered from Barnes and Noble.
I ordered the book, Never Let Me Go. I watched the film yesterday, starring the wonderful Andrew Garfield, Carey Mulligan, and Keira Knightley. I cried like a BABY.
One of the most beautiful, heartbreaking films that I've ever seen.
Its an alternate reality film, about cloned children who are raised in a boarding school to be doners. The life expectancy in this reality is exceeding 100 and they dont have cancer anymore, thanks to the doners. But the doners grow up, and complete (die) after their fourth donation. Anyway, the three main characters have a sort of love triangle and the two that were meant to be together the whole time only get together a few months before one of them completes. Its so so so sad. And corrupt, the poor children are raised to be one thing and one thing only, they don't get to live even though they are alive. At the end, the main character, Cathy says something along the lines of "Our lives, don't seem much different from the lives of those we save." Which to me is her saying, the doners also feel and love. Ah. Amazing stuff.
p.s an explanation of the pictures above, Andrew Garfield...beautiful actor. And a cute ice cream picture by Andy Warhol..

No comments:

Post a Comment